Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Uninstall Deep Freeze Via Safe Mode DSRM

I know this is all about Ragnarok, but, I can't help but posting. :) Its a great achievement for me. :)



I have encountered an error on my laptop saying BAD_POOL_CALLER. You'll encounter this message if there's error on your drivers etc. My #1 suspect for this is the Deep Freeze software.

I can't start windows normally because once the windows logo finished loading, the system will reboot. You can only run your system on safe mode. And uninstalling your Deep Freeze on safe mode is quite impossible since you can only uninstall Deep freeze when its in thawed mode.

So I've researched on how to uninstall Deep Freeze on safe mode. There are lots of questions posted on the internet regarding this and they are all unanswered or the answers don't work with my problem. Then I've tried something for the last time ( Reformatting my pc was my last resort).

I rebooted my pc, then press F8. Then i chose Directory Services restore mode(Windows domain controllers only). When the windows started, I was surprised the Deep freeze icon appeared(Lower ryt corner beside the Time). So i tried to thaw it by pressing alt+ctrl+shift+f6.

Then i rebooted my pc and started it again on safe mode. And alas, i can uninstall the deep freeze. My windows is starting normally again!

Hope this helps!

*bow*
*nosebleed*

0 comments: